Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Stupidity



I feel like I ate a whole pie. Or something. Yesterday, I consumed about 1,000 calories of Spaghetti-O's (with the freaky meatballs) for breakfast/lunch and included a Dr. Pepper (2.5 servings in one bottle=250 calories).

Dinner involved the staple blue corn chips and Mama S. salsa. That was a tide-over until the Maneschewitz bean soup was done, mid-way through the beginning of the season finale of "Prison Break."

Today, nearly noon, two eggrolls are in mi'belly and I'm bored enough to consider eating a huge can of ravioli.

I'm off the Monday hook until March. That's when "Prison Break" returns to FOX. My hopes are not high, since every show I like gets cancelled: "Futurama," "King of the Hill," "Greg the Bunny," "North Shore," "Arrested Development," etc. FOX did not respond to an inquiry about getting the beach show put down on DVD. The FAQs on their Web site offer that the company does not market recordings of its shows and that "you should check to see if a friend taped it."

I can hardly conjure the name of the actor on "Prison Break," but recognized one principle as one of the guys George Kastanza hired to help him rig up and move the Frogger machine that had his high score. Yes, that would be another television reference.

The guy playing Michael Schofield is quite charming.

Three friends of mine do not watch television. I used to be like them, but then I got a husband, and my ex-boyfriend gave us a leftover television. I gave my husband's leftover television to my brother; it does not get much of a picture and only when its input is from video.

Guess I better be a friend and tape network shows for him, eh? The guy in the jail show reminds me of him.

Food and television go together. If you're running around, you can't eat. If you're cleaning, you can't eat. If you're at any kind of screen, however, like a television or a work-computer or heck, even a damn book, eating is quite feasible, comes off as desirable and ends up becoming an inextricable part of the whole experience.

Noon is not a time of thinking.

1 comment:

hearmysong said...

four posts in one fell swoop. impressive.

how is it possible to consume 1000 calories of Spaghetti-os without immediately reversing the contents of one's stomach? icky icky icky.