Monday, January 15, 2007

Temporary tundra

I had to go to a park to take photos today. It's sunny again, after all, and nothing is falling (from the sky).

It would be funny to say that I was looking at this:
and that then I was looking at this:
but it didn't happen that way.

The ice du jour is unique to my experience for its durability and meanness. Never before have I almost broken into tears while trying to scrape my car.

Falling was fine, as I'm not over 40 or brittle as frozen grass. I was expecting it to happen. I was standing still. I am wearing boots. It didn't matter. I landed flat on my back. My hat popped off, so I'm expecting some kind of pain tomorrow to emerge. Maybe I won't be able to move at all. It already hurts, of course.

My hands are all invisibly bruised from bashing car ice, too.

2 comments:

Joe Miller said...

Beauriful pictures. I'm glad to have this little blast of winter, much as I liked the springishness of the winter so far.

Josh said...

V. Good pictures, T! I like the first one quite a bit. I admire your eye.

I know what you mean about ice on cars. I spent 30 minutes in my bad parking spot (check out the new post on my blog) scraping and only got half the windshield. Be careful on the ice! It was 2" thick on my front walkway. I like winter, but I could do with some snow and not this ice bullhonky