Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Name my finches


They are a couple. They're Java Sparrows. I don't know this pair's particular heritage, but I will presume they are legal and not a result of bird traders' trying to help rid an island of a rice-eating "nuisance."

They came to me via a friend, who is in the Beak n' Wings bird club, which helps rescue pets others can't keep.

Free birds!

The male is in front, looking disapproving, and the female is stretching up to see how to escape the scary silver thing pointed at them (the camera), while showing off her bad feather week.

She really needs some attention to those pin feathers coming in on her head, but I never see them co-groom; they just peck at each other.

Sometimes, he sings.

There is a bird expo Saturday, too, up at the KCI Expo Center, so watch for more "help me with my addiction" pleas.

My goal is to stick to buying tree-perches, food and toys and no new conure or budgie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ricky and Lucy, Fred and Ethyl, Mark and Tracy....

ericj said...

how 'bout Bush n' Chaney

pom. said...

mort and lola

Susan said...

Ohayo and Gozaimasu? I'm bad at pet names.

be strong Trancy! I can't see the feather problem, as usual I'm just in awe of your photoing. Very nice shot :)

hearmysong said...

How about parke and holtz after two of your favorites? or wharton and woolf? anything but materer....