Friday, March 16, 2007

Thank God


- it was only the Sisters of St. Joseph.

(My neighbors. The one we call Sr. Blah blah blah, which is not cruel, because we have good long talks with her. Anyway, she accosted* me Monday morning as I was moping my way to my car to drone towards work and she asked me if I had received some flowers.

(Ah. See, it's not the strangers, after all. It's the people you know. The laundry thing threw us off completely. She said "Yeah, I thought about leaving a note," but offered no real reason why she didn't. Ugh, attribution, people! It really helps. The next day when I came home, there was a little cake outside our door. She had told me about that and I had accepted.)

*(actually, she startled me, for I suppose she had been watching - she spends much of her time taking care of someone about 20 years older, infirm, a fellow nun, so of course, she takes in all the chatting she can; she used to be a Catholic grade school teacher)

No comments: