Friday, August 10, 2007

Holiday

That's what the answering machine (either the collision center's or the insurance company that's supposedly going to pay us for the totalled Corolla) said today, that they were on holiday.

Thanks for the notice, crumbcakes.

Sooooo, it's been a whole week and no resolution, no cash for shopping for "new" car.

They are paying for a rental, including all $12 or so of Kansas City's Sprint Arena et. al. taxes; however, we are paying $12 a day, too, for insurance for the zoomy Chevy from Enterprise. Wouldn't want to go and have another crash and have to pay our stupid $500 deductible and all.

Still, we're "luckier" than all the pedestrian/bus takers I drove by today in my ancient, yet A/C'ed Camry.

Am I crazy, or is the guy who was sitting on 47th asking for downpayments on cheeseburgers really Jerry? I've been at my job for a while, too, but I think I know when someone else should change theirs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On "holiday" what are they British?

Anonymous said...

Jerry is one of many "tards" in Kansas City.