Friday, January 11, 2008

Identity crisis

Oh no. Now I'm a nut.

You Are a "Don't Tread On Me" Libertarian

You distrust the government,
are fiercely independent,
and don't belong in either party.
Religion and politics should never mix,
in your opinion... and you feel opressed by both.
You don't want the government to cramp your self made style.
Or anyone else's for that matter.
You're proud to say that you're pro-choice on absolutely everything!


O.K., so, I may be the closest thing to anarchist a nice girl without punk tendency can, but mostly my neck hurts, my first such injury in memory, the immobilizing result of having slept five hours on a two-cushion couch Tuesday night. I am too old to sleep on a couch for five hours with my vertebrae compressed. I'm too young to sleep only five hours and be satisfied, too.

Here I am wasting cheerspace and earning oldness points by rattling off illness and injury. Pain and suffering are what give variety to the otherwise comfortable process of being alive, after all. It sometimes is useful to share details with others, so that they know what to expect, for example, or what particular aches or signals to pay attention to, cancer-finding facts leading to earlier diagnosis and higher recovery statistics; however, for the most part, it's a slobbery indulgence to spend society time on base survival chat.

The report of snow in the desert city of Baghdad was sweet.

Inspired by a co-worker who expressed the dinner expedient of Gate's barbecue, we got A. Bryant's ribs ourselves, after a short excursion to Historic Northeast. Protein (another example of the fallacy of the "'i' before 'e' except after 'c'" rule) is good for those of us with damaged soft tissue.

I'm saying "A. Bryant's" because they put the ribs in a box. I miss the unpretentious and quite adequate brown waxed paper! Sure, the Wonder Bread was a bit less squished up, but the cardboard and big plastic bag were totally unnecessary; I had only been there a short time ago, on one of my last trips in my Camry, so I guess they went ahead and "lemme lemme upgrade" for 2008.

The 196,500 car is still in front of our house, naked of its license plates, because the tow company working it in for Vehicles for Charity was lame and didn't come out in the rain yesterday, I'll presume.

For the beneficiary, I chose KKFI, of course, because I'm a big, fat "Don't tread on me Libertarian," don't you know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh... now I remember what I was going to say...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I'm a liberal.. according to them but not according to me.

Susan said...

tee hee - I'm going to have to take the quiz - probably later since I'm running out to tutor now - no worries on the aches&pains - I knew you didn't mean me :) I'm glad we're both on the mend!!! I'm finally able to breathe all day long today w/o drugs or blowing nose or coughing fits and almost feel normal energy levels again - woo hoo!!!!