Monday, April 21, 2008

Ugly grass

First a focus on a crocus of some kind, at the end of its bloom, courtesy of previous owners who did most things wrong.

Lawn, it's all random-specied and patchy, though you will notice that dandelions and some crab-grasses have been removed, seed applied without much forethought.
This is the site of a snake sighting. Baby garden snake was curled up under a brick I moved. Reptile did not remain in place long enough for me to get camera from inside the house; rule: always have camera on hand.

1 comment:

Susan said...

beautiful crocuses!! I have been very neglectful of my blog reads! sorry! thanks for all the great comments on mine - I'll try to get more regular again - in blogreading I mean :) -- btw I don't think you're crazy at all, tho I've never eaten azaleas, I love nasturtiums on sandwiches and in salads!