Saturday, March 26, 2011

First of all (apparently, I am only ever to be G3)

I have to say that, a week after I sent in my, "Yes, you missed my resignation, etc.," I got another, "If you continue to be AWOL, you will be AWOL" letter (all at an 80-something-¢ postage charge for the Feds by the Feds).

This is evidence why I can't believe in "conspiracy." It's just like Dell or AT&T — they will allow some employee to say whatever (lowest common denominator) and then hedge on your not following through. Ask me for examples : )

And then to receive (they always send that which arrives in email on a Saturday, I might add), a silly thing such as this (which shows you, if true, how desperate the job-market has become — or at least was 5 months ago when we all applied for this other position):
_________________________________

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Employment Section II (KC)
Delegated Examining Unit
P.O. Box 24551
Kansas City, MO 64131
March 26, 2011

CLERK (OA)
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 10KC2-WIX0032B-303-4
GRADE: GS-04


Dear T__________:

Thank you for your interest in the above position with the Internal Revenue Service.

We regret to inform you that your score was not high enough for you to be considered. Regulations require that selection(s) must be made in score order. Unfortunately, we had more applicants than positions.

We encourage your continued interest in a position with the Internal Revenue Service and hope that you will visit www.usajobs.gov for future job opportunities with our agency.

If you have any questions, please contact this office at 816-291-9400.


Sincerely,
Employment Section II (KC)
_______________

My dad and my oldest non-great aunt have retired from this monster, the latter only a few days ago. He is not having fun; she is, with bicycles and an RV and all that one wishes for. I was originally here to talk about that.
Daughter is smart not to call back (after message just now, a return from my message six hours ago) father who is, by message, she knows, a bit drunk, not so much that one can't drive sans checkpoints, but still.
I guess there is more snow there, 270 or so miles to the east-south-east than here.

2 comments:

Hyperblogal said...

You're very high on my score list..... er, uh, wait.....

Nick said...

too true

i recently applied for a 14 in another area; essentially a lateral. made the bq w/ a score of 100 ( & 10 years experience ). the position went to a non-veteran applicant, friend of the agency's cio i hear.

but as many of us occasionally remark -'well, at least i'm not working at the IRS.'