Thursday, January 25, 2007

Cafe v. Harvey


While the Harvey House food court/diner dealy in the southeastern nook of Union Station is much-celebrated and usually crowded at lunch time, around 9:30 in the morning, there are hardly any people there, and personally, I'll miss the sun-blasted singular coffee shop that apparently can't compete.

I love that the post office is at Union Station, as it's always nice to come into a grand space for a mundane task, but it's pretty much you and the dust motes during the week. And bad news like "you can't get coffee at Java Time anymore." No chairs for you!

2 comments:

frog pajamas said...

i sent an email to della lamb but can't find a website for don bosco's.

it's unfortunate that union station doesn't get enough traffic to keep places like that open. i'm a big fan of crave cafe and coffee girls; crave is usually more friendly tho.

Susan said...

woo hoo! I've been to Union Station - rememeber? seems like eons ago - and in some ways it was! :) What a fantastic space! of course I'm biased tho - I quite adore train stations. I can't tell if I remember this coffee shop or if it's just the power of suggestion but I remember the floor and the afternoon I was there it was exactly that sunny within. Thanks for the great visual nostalgia surge t :)