Saturday, January 27, 2007

Tomato Trifecta


Gosh, one sure sees funny things on the ground in Northeast.

This is the 100-block of South Elmwood Avenue.

My best guess, as none of the jars are busted or seem to have been opened, is that someone dropped their groceries in the snow, the jars sank, and the tomato-lover never looked back.

I can't imagine being so cold and cranky that I couldn't dig up my name-brand salsa and such, so what was this person going through?

No, I did not pick them up (ie: steal or clean litter). Another one of those small, urban moral dilemmas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Homeless refrigerator.. I know I know not funny...
or is it...

Susan said...

it's like bloody marys, without the gestalt :) or is it just cause I'm exhausted that that both occurred to me and cracks me up?!

Susan said...

you know, 'cause the ice, the toms, the spices... well I did say I was pooped... :)