Thursday, May 10, 2007

It's like


. . .a burger in the morning. . .

This would be 19th and The Paseo around 9 a.m.

But that was days ago, not appropriate in a "blogsphere."

I'm not happy about living in made-up spheres. The Biosphere project, it's not going so well.

The regular, natural one is unknow-able at best.

I had a fifth-grade teacher, a squat and squinty-faced School Sister of Notre Dame,whose flabby 60-something's waddles of triceps would wiggle as she hoisted a globe, plucked off of its arc-shaped holder, and spun it jerkily in the air while over-enunciated the word "sphere," which I shall never, ever spell incorrectly, and talked about rotation and revolution and what it was to be a sphere.

Science and Catholicism can get along. Of course, all the nutritional information in the world hasn't influenced this stranger. Sphere-belly, anyone? (Says the woman who has been known to stop for Sonic corndogs at 9 a.m. herself.)

3 comments:

pom. said...

i think i probably look like this guy in the morning.

speakin' of spheres. i think you should join the myspace cult. it's awful and wonderful, like corn dogs in the morning.
if you ever do...you must let me know.

Joe Miller said...

I'm pretty sure that guy is prminant member of Sheffield Family Life Center. Nice guy, actually. Quite a Biblical scholar, in the fundamentalist sense.

Susan said...

wow that's scary - I bet that woke you up if you weren't already - now _I'm_ a meanie :) - new update is the trash company (apparently AU contracts that out - wacky) is prepared to replace any items we can find for purchase somewhere... so there's that at least - even tho it means going surfing... potentially I could find even better quality posters than I had :) altho I shouldn't be greedy...