Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Spinning


No, not the stationary cycling class. I have no time for structured exercise. I'll talk to you about that when I have heart disease in 10-50 years.

This is what happened today at 8 a.m., but not to me. Just nearby.


Of course, if I had tons o' blogging time, I could rattle off every other "near miss" that has happened to me this week alone due to people (like the driver of the white car), who don't seem to know how to cross traffic, follow rules, be three seconds' more patient, etc.

Let me tell you there was no screeching of brakes. Just the boom.

PS - The two people in the silver car were not dying or dead, but did have to be cut out. Their heads were wrapped up, but I'm hoping that the "slowness" of the extraction means they are going to be fine. Sorry there are no great shots of the smashed up front of the white car. Thank you, KCFD. (Just as they finished here, they sirened off to another emergency, too.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

.... why were you in the tree?

Susan said...

people are losing their minds - and nowhere more completely than in their driving, seriously - I'm walking as much as possible these days (not really due to traffic) and it's so great to get home (a) alive and (b) NOT pissed off! of course now that the students are leaving (graduation is today) our town will be minus several thousand youngster drivers in humongous vehicles for the next few months. ahhhhh.

no worries on blog/comments :) I've been buried in finals anyway - I hope your head is better! kiotsuketene!