Monday, September 03, 2007

Irish disturbance

Some of my friends had me go to the Irish Fest on Sunday. I got sunburned but only ran into one human I knew, so it was a balanced affair. A scant selection of the most "interesting" things I caught are here.


Isn't this the color of the stuff that comes out of the
Springfield Nuclear Plant where Homer Simpson works?


Some of the "some friends" pretending to be tourists.


The Fuscia Band, which was not scary or creepy or horrible at all. This shot makes Mairtin De Cogain look like a crazed drunk, but it was the end of their set and he was getting ready to do some kind of broom dance. Their traditional music was catchy and made even slugs like me want to dance (I didn't), and since most of their work was tinged with irony, I enjoyed it. Hence, beer and broom.


I know that "nature" has already come up with some of the best engineered designs, but couldn't someone invent an exit to this inflatable train that would not result in sudden, explosive and inappropriate laughter (on my part)?
. . .and who knows what on his. . . .


Men swinging a child. . .

Good night.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I'm with you - that train exit is too much! how can anyone concentrate on anything trainlike when gazing at a giant bionic bum?

Anonymous said...

That's Máirtín drinking water. He never touches beer. Good picture