Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Notice of Completion of Suitability Investigation

"Employment with the Internal Revenue Service requires both good character and a high degree of personal integrity. I am pleased to advise you that the background investigation conducted incidental to your employment with the IRS has been completed and it has been determined that you are suitable to occupy your current position."

Well, that's good! … I've been there 7 weeks, and I hear that voluntary layoff time is just around the corner — maybe Thursday, before I get my free ice cream at Employee Appreciation Day (May 12).

That would suit me just fine, incidentally.

For now, my suitable co-workers and I shall be "enjoying" "Cinco de Mayo" together by eating food that we signed up to bring in and scarf down between quota-making document-stamping exercises.

Extra points to those who can find the grammatical (punctuation) error in the director of personnel security's paragraph.

It goes along well with the computer-printed sign that's been perplexing me all along that tells clerks that certain shelves (called The Wall) contain boxes of #2 and #4 filing supplies:

NUMBERING
FOLDERS
IS
AROUND
THE CORNER

2 comments:

Ken Shenkman said...

... completed and ... (the error?)

wasting time at my non-background-check job.

Keep it up, Applecart!

hearmysong said...

missing parenthetical commas:

I am pleased to advise you that the background investigation, conducted incidental to your employment with the IRS, has been completed and it has been determined that you are suitable to occupy your current position."

how was cinqo de mayo?