Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Chuckabee

"Americans don't want more government, they want less." No, I want a smarter one, and I'm not afraid of "European ideas."

Jesus, Elvis, and FDR are his heroes, per his Hope, Arkansas, hometown's.

Who are mine, you ask? Oh, you know.

"I don't want to spend the rest of my life poor, waiting for the government to rescue me." Neither do I. I want the government to have policy based on intelligence, is all. We all just disagree about intelligence.

He's tired of hearing about Palin's lack of experience. (Isn't that the issue with "all" the candidates?)

His citation of the teacher's strategy seems on point. Would that all teachers acted such. One should earn things. I can't wait for the punch line … here it comes: oh, the veterans. Yes, kids should respect that. Mr. Mike should see how many of the low-income school kids cling to the JROTC and even aspire to join the military, even the illegitimate non-citizens. (This is first-person writer speaking again; seven years talking to kids at a certain school.) Sigh.

No comments: